Cooperation with and sensitivity to
others is both valued and expected at the Academy. Students
are expected to behave in a professional and courteous manner
at all times. Honesty, integrity, and sound moral judgment
are necessary components for work as either a Massage Therapist
or Reflexologist. A student may be placed on probation,
suspended, or dismissed for conduct which includes the following:
- Poor academic performance/academic
failure (overall grade average under 73%).
- Inappropriate or disorderly conduct
- Displaying any behavior which causes
public embarrassment to the school or the profession of
massage therapy, such as, but not limited to, being involved
with sexual activity or advances at LSB or in any massage
- Health concerns which preclude the
successful practice of massage or place the client or
student at risk. Any highly infectious illness.
- Failure to meet financial obligations
to the school.
- Academic cheating or dishonesty.
- Falsification of any information
required during the admissions process.
- Theft, vandalism, or destruction
of school property.
- Drug or alcohol use, abuse, possession,
or distribution on school property.
- Attendance/Cutting/Tardiness policy
- Violation of any of the terms of
the Enrollment Agreement.
- Possession, use, or threat of use
of a weapon or firearm on school property.
- Sexual advances or activity in a
massage therapy setting regardless of location.
- Violation of school draping/nudity
policy or violation of appropriate touch, as taught in
- Violation of school safety regulations.
- Failure to maintain appropriate
- Any behavior which is deemed by
the Executive Director to be inconsistent with the standards
of the school and the profession of Massage Therapy or